Roles of the Ministry
• Provision of overall policy direction for all stakeholders (players) in the health delivery.
• Provision of a strong and effective advocacy role in intersectoral action in the health delivery.
• Mobilization and allocation of resources to all providers in the health services delivery.
• Provision of relevant and adequate information for co-ordination and management of health services.
• Provision of regulatory framework for all providers of health.
• Monitoring and evaluation of health services in state ( public and private ).
• Coordination of activities of the agencies, providers and partners in the health sector.
The functions of the Ministry of Health would be to:
• Formulate health policy.
• Set standards for the delivery of health care in the State .
• Provide strategic direction for health services delivery.
• Monitoring and evaluation of boards, parastatals and agencies Under The Ministry
• Develop policies for the practice of Traditional and Alternate Medicine in the state.
• Source funding for health through budget.
• Allocate resources to all health care delivery agencies under the Ministry.
• Provide framework for the development and management of the human resources for health.
• Provide a framework for the effective and efficient procurement, distribution, management and use of health sector goods, works and services.
• Make proposals for the review and enactment of health legislation.
• Provide framework for the regulation of food, drugs and health service delivery and practice.